Health Tips - Altered And Artificial Products Lead To Aging
The more altered and artificial the substance, the more nutrients and enzymes your body uses up to process it. This applies to food, drink, drugs, supplements, and even external products. You could almost count the steps taken to alter a product and the more steps taken and the more drastic they are, the more aging the product.
Here are examples of “altered and artificial” and some alternatives you could choose instead:
- Food: Breakfast cereals are made from a part of whole grains that is ground into flour, heated and processed by different methods, including bleaching or dyeing to make the cereal a marketable color. A high amount of sugar is almost always added. Here is a recipe for a much healthier Fresh Grain Porridge.
- Drink: Alcohol is the result of a complex series of steps whereby sugar is fermented. Sugar itself is a highly processed product. Alcohol depletes minerals, vitamins, enzymes, and energy. Fruit smoothies taste better — try one with fresh peaches and coconut!
- Drugs: Occasionally, synthesized drugs are necessary to handle a condition that natural remedies do not resolve. When these medications are put in brightly-colored capsules, it adds unnecessary cancer-causing dyes into the artificial mix and uses up even more energy to process them. Ask your pharmacist for a non-dyed prescription.
- Supplements: An unbalanced and synthesized vitamin tablet can create deficiencies, as it requires other nutrients and enzymes to balance and digest it. For example, a synthesized vitamin B-1 tablet can rob calcium from the rest of a body such as from teeth and bones. Read more on a balanced, natural option.
- External Products: Makeup is a good example of external products that can use up nutrients. They have found lead and other toxic metals in most makeup. It absorbs through the skin and affects the brain and other organs. The ideal makeup would be hardly processed, such as using dehydrated fruits for color. 100% Pure is a successful example of a significantly less-processed makeup line.
Recent research has indicated that gray hair is caused by the deficiency of an enzyme called catalase. Where do you find catalase? Raw vegetables and fruit! The less cooked the vegetables and fruit, the higher the enzyme, as the enzyme is destroyed by heat. How is Raw Defined?
The fastest way to improve your health and appearance is to eat food and use products in their most natural state!