Health Tips - Broccoli Stem Rounds
There are lots of vitamins (A, C and K etc.), minerals and other health benefits, yet almost no calories and essentially no fat. This is perfect for a hot day as it replaces potassium and sodium.
1 head of organic broccoli with stems intact
- Cut the stems away from the tops.
- Using a paring or cutting knife, cut away the tough outer bark of the stems.
- Cut the stems into small rounds as thick as you like and put these in a bowl.
- Squeeze fresh lemon juice of 1 or more lemons, pouring this over the broccoli rounds.
- Salt the rounds as you like and enjoy right away!
Best of health!
November 27, 2007