Health Tips - Five Grain Cereal
There is a special mix of grains that helps create balance and strength in bodies. It is called “Five Grain” and includes equal parts of brown rice, whole oat groats, millet, rye berries and whole wheat berries. This was researched by Dr. Alan Beardall.
Folks who have allergies to one of these grains are usually fine with the balanced mix or can substitute another grain such as whole barley for the allergic item.
Purchase the five whole grains in organic form, mix up and store in a wide mouth glass jar in your refrigerator to prevent bugs. Here is a recipe using Five Grain:
Raw Five Grain Cereal
This is an excellent source of fiber and has 7 grams of protein (more than 1 large egg) even before nuts are added! For comparison, Cheerios has 1 gram and Cocoa Puffs has 1/3 gram protein in the same amount of cereal.
- In a coffee grinder ($15 at Target), grind up 1/3 cup of Five Grain.
- Mix in 1/8 teaspoon sea salt plus any spices you might like such as cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Add raw milk or rice or almond drink for moisture.
- Stir in unheated honey or stevia extract for sweetener.
- Top off with any raw nuts, seeds or fruit that make your body happy.