Health Tips - Pancakes, Five Grain
Five Grain Pancakes
- Grind 1 3⁄4 cups of Five Grain.
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon unheated honey
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup milk
- Separate 3 eggs. Add yolks to mixture.
- Whip the whites with an electric mixer until peaks remain when you pull out the mixer.
- Gently blend egg whites briefly into mixture.
- Add water as necessary to make a batter with a runny consistency.
Heat a griddle to 375 degrees or heat a cast iron frying pan to medium to medium high. You are ready to start when a few drops of water dance across the surface. If the surface is too hot, the oil will smoke. Between batches of pancakes, wipe off debris with a paper towel. Oil surface lightly for each new batch of pancakes.
When bubbles appear at the center of the pancake, gently flip it and cook until golden brown (about a minute). Serve immediately or cover with a towel, keeping in a warm place such as under a heat lamp.
1 tablespoon unheated honey
2 tablespoons water
sprinkle of sea salt
several drops of stevia extract
optional: 1 teaspoon vanilla or almond extract