Health Tips - Dental Surgery
People often think of dental drillings as a trivial occurrence. Actually, they are surgeries and should be treated that way. When any part of your body is cut open and drugs are used, this is an alarming thing to your body. Any work you can do to heal your teeth or prevent the surgeries is well worth it.
- See your dentist every 6 months for a cleaning and checkup.
- Where possible, schedule your dental drillings one month apart, allowing your body and immune system enough time to recover.
- When the situation allows it, try going without anesthesia. When you can do this, the body is often less shocked and recovers faster.
- Keep in mind that supplements reduce the effectiveness of numbing medications.
- Get extra sleep and rest for a minimum of one week as your body heals up.
- If you can, get in to see me for a post-surgery treatment to take stress off your mouth, tooth, the nerves to your tooth, and your neck and liver, which are the most stressed areas.
- Read these success stories about healing your teeth and gums.
This health tip is a part of a series, read all the health tips on dental and mouth care here!
I wish you a healthy mouth!